Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer Fun With Our Cousins

We were grateful to have my two sisters come to Utah for a visit this summer. It was nice to have all of my siblings together. I have 4 sisters who are married with kids so between us their our 18 grandkids. You can certainly say that it gets pretty crazy. We spent most of our time at my parents house in Draper since that is where everyone was staying. My parents have a pool so during the days that is where you would find us all. Me and the girls would drive down to my parents house every day, or sometimes we would just stay for a couple of days then go back to our house and bring some of their cousins with us for a sleepover. I have a sister who lives in Highland and one who lives in Lehi so it was nice to have everyone together and let the cousins play with eachother. My cute little bother even took a couple of weeks off so that he could hang out with us. All of the kids love their uncle David, they all think he is just an oversized kid.






A Preview Of Some Of The Things We Did.

We had a special family night where we had a special guest come. We set up tents in my sister's backyard and King Benjamin came and spoke to us. The kids loved it.





Ice Cream At Thanksgiving Point
After family night we went and got 25 cent ice cream cones at Thanksgiving Point. The kids loved playing on these bars.





The Gardens

Family Picnic At Draper Park
The original plan was to go up American Fork canyon to have a campfire, but everything was taking so long to pack and by the time the guys got off work it was getting to late so we decided to go to the fire pits at Draper Park. The kids still had fun roasting their hot dogs and their marshmellows, it didn't matter to them where we were.




Kick Ball




Sleep Over
Taylor and Jaiden had a few of their cousins come to our house to stay the night. They got to decide what we were all going to do. This is what they came up with.
*Swimming
*Picnic at the Castle Park
*Kaysville Theater
*Ice Cream Cones at Artic Circle
*Lagoon
*A Stop at the Red Box





Cherry Hill
I was really bummed when I got home and went to download my pictures and only was able to import 3 of the 100+ pictures I took. Somehow the rest of them got deleted. I was really sad because the whole time I went around taking pictures and capturing some really cute moments of every one. So here are some pictures from my sisters camera.





Barnes Park
Danny had a softball tournament so me and the girls came to watch him play. We were walking to the field and I noticed that they looked cute and that Taylor and Jaiden were matching so luckily I had my camera and I was able to take these pictures of them with their cousin Madison.



Braxton's Race
Braxton really wanted to have all of his cousins come and watch his race. It was ten dollars a person even for kids so some of the family didn't know if they wanted to spend that much so their kids could go and watch. But Braxton was so cute and told everyone that he would use his own money to buy the tickets. But then his dad said that it was on him so thanks Jason for a fun night. It ended up being really fun and Braxton did really well in his 3 races. He was so excited to have his cousins their to support him.


Here are just some other pictures of my cute girls and their cousins.


No comments: